Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Mad for bball

H has been all about a basketball lately. Maybe its because the weather is a bit warmer and we are out a bit more, and that boy has been in front of his basketball goal. Last week, he and I were shooting. We both had a ball and were both shooting and keeping track of how many we made. I had 2 and he had 5 at one moment and he said, 'here mommy, I'll help you, let me have your ball.' So he took my ball and made three baskets and caught me back up to him, then joyfully returned my ball and picked his back up and went back to shooting. What a generous boy. :) He has been dribbling up a storm and is even working on some new moves. He is becoming a fan of the under on leg dribble and a spin move that I think will come in handy one day. Yesterday I was calling and calling the boys of my home to come in from shooting for supper-- finally they came in, H was first and proclaimed he had 21. John came in a few steps behind to say he had 17. That's right, H out shot. He has been playing in the driveway, dribbling up and down the hallway and shooting above the door frame and in his room on a over the door hoop. I guess we are having some March madness around here too.

No comments: