Saturday, March 12, 2011

Remembering the Snow day


So here's the deal. I have been having a camera crisis. I could not get the pictures from my camera to the computer and its just no fun to write without pictures! Then several days ago, I was at the P's and I saw JP put his card in a card reader and download his pictures to the computer. The clouds opened up. I now had the solution. I bought a $8 solution to my 5 month problem. But that one didn't work. So I bought a $13 solution to the $8 problem and- low and behold- it worked!!! ahhhhh. I love a solved problem. So here come some pictures!!!

So back to the snow. (really has it been that long???) We had a good bit of snow on a Monday morning back in January. The kids got dressed and rushed right out but it was kinda raining by then. So they got their umbrellas and made an umbrella fort to play in. Ek made 2 little snow men, key word, little, but little is adorable, and she was proud of herself. With my kids, better than the snow is the post snow hot chocolate. And it was all fun and games until the electricity went out. After several hours, I started to get a bit anxious that the kids were getting cold, Ek was walking around the house bundled in a blanket and they were getting hungry. I put observed skills to work of watching Dad make many fires and got one going. J came to the rescue with more firewood when he came home for lunch. We did manage to pull together some food and the electricity finally came back on. J was commenting on how many crumbs they had made eating a snack and I reminded J that we had eaten by candlelight. So thankful to look out my window today, and see 70 degrees and sunshine!!

the snow man's home amongst the popsicles and sweet potato fries...

can't you see the "ahhhhhh" in H's eyes?
PS J was super impressed with my fire skills, he asked if I had been a girl scout! hahaha
I gave all the credit to my Dad.


No comments: