Monday, August 2, 2010

Good morning!


Just a bit more about the Braves game and the fireworks~ They announced before the game that it was a fireworks game. The fireworks would begin 20 minutes after the last out. The kids were, needless to say, quite excited. They missed 4th of July fireworks since J and I were watching them overlooking the harbor in Maine. ahhh ME. Well those Reds tied the game in the 8th (I think) and so we got some free baseball. Thankfully the Braves went ahead in the 10th and won it. horray!! I was very thankful it didn't go to like 16 innings. Well, H just couldn't quite make it. In the 10th, he got very still in my lap and fell asleep. Crowds were cheering and standing around us. Loud announcers, people taking pictures, passing by to the aisles, H slept. Game over, homerun contest, ohhhhs and ahhhhs, H slept. Fierworks begin, loud music, H slept. Me shaking him, throwing him around, yelling in his ear, "H wake up, H fire works!!!!" H slept. oh well. We ohhhed and ahhhed. They were amazing. amazing! They were set to movie soundtracks. L was not a big fan of the noise, J covered her ears the entire time. Ek plugged her ears at times. H slept. We loaded up, headed to the car, buckled in, drove to the hotel, took the elevator, undressed H, stole gum from his mouth, kissed him good night. H slept.

The next morning, he woke up and I went over to hug him a minute and the first thing he said was, "Mommy, there weren't any fireworks last night!" really H? I said, "yes there were H, you were asleep, I tried to wake you up." he said, "Nuh- uhhh! I didn't fall asleep!" ok, H. I know my H well enough to know arguing is not a good idea. He may come around but I was not in the mood at that moment. The Lord spoke to my heart in that minute and made me wonder how often I sleep when he is trying to wake me. I know he speaks in all ways and often it is a still small voice but I'm sure he gets louder at times! My hearts prayer in that moment is that I wake when he calls to hear and see what He has for me. I know He wants to show us even more glorious things than fireworks and I don't want to sleep through them and then try to tell him there were not any. I think of Ephesians 5:14" Awake, O sleeper, and arise from the dead, and Christ will shine on you." Maybe next time, H. And I hope next time for me too.

No comments: