Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Despite the shirt, it really is fun

J's first reaction when I told him H could take golf lessons was "I knew this day would come." I'm not too sure how to take that, but I am so glad this day has come. H is having a ball. (pun totally intended) He has, for the last 2 months, taken golf lessons once a week with his friends. They are the cutest little group of golfers I've ever seen. Their coach has taught lessons to kids for years and has them chipping, putting and hitting range balls. He has taught them to stand like a golfer and be quiet and watch while another golfer has his turn, that may be as hard as hitting a hole in one, but one can try, right? I have to admit that he was not too sure about this golf thing in the beginning, he totally disagreed with the wardrobe. You would think that collared shirts have razors in them the way he avoids them, but as time has gone on, it has improved. Ek put a collared shirt on yesterday and said, "I don't know what the big deal H makes about collared shirts is all about, they are not that bad." Once he is dressed, there and with his friends, he has been having a great time. Just tell my H to hit or kick or throw a ball as hard as he can and he is happy. I'm proud him for trying something new and if his persistence has anything to do with it, he will be a great golfer in no time. The group picture will have to come later, one was missing at the time of these pics.

No comments: