Friday, July 2, 2010

Conditional Animal Lovers

My kids really enjoy seeing aminals, from a distance and from several feet off the ground if the animal is alive. Do they like the vantage point better from being in our arms, I'm not sure, but if so, maybe they will love animals one day. At the Lake 2 dogs were suddenly on our dock and my 3 children were suddenly in 3 sets of arms. The fourth set of arms promptly made himself a guard at the entrance to the dock. All were safe. And we, of course, talked about the dogs later with great joy.
I got them the Disney version of Planet Earth that is edited for children. It has produced some hilarious comments. The first time we watched, it did not take long for the kids to realize that there is alot of killing going on in the wild. Not even elephants are safe. So when the sweet little penguins came onto the screen, H asks, "mommy, who kills penguins?" I guess he was trying to prepare himself for what was to come. The movie had been stopped as we had gotten out of the car one day and H exclaimed as we got buckled, "oh good! this is my favorite part! when the lions are trying to get the elephant!" see what I mean. And JP H's buddy as in my car the other day as it began and saw that it was Disney and asked if the animals talked. "But its Disney, they have to talk." There is a first for everything JP.
The video is amazing and I am so grateful that from the comfort of our car the kids have been transported all over the world to see God's gorgeous creation.

No comments: