Friday, July 2, 2010

Close call


I have been meaning to write about a crazy moment in my mommy life. The kids last ball game was on the last day of school. At noon. Wowsiers it was hot. Not a very good turn out for that one. J wasn't even able to make it. H's team played one inning. Really? one? yes. So we headed over to Ek's game. Her opponents only had 4 players and they called up an adorable rookie. H timidly went onto the field and played a big of first base. He did great. Once we helped him a bit. After all his team had batted, H was moving to the plate ready for his turn. They were so kind to let him bat. He got a hit pretty quickly and it went straight to the first baseman who happens to be his sister. oh no! and she quickly dove for the base. oh no! and they just about tied at the bag. oh no! and looked at me! really? you're going to make me make that call? H looked at me? Did I make it? Ek looked at me. Did I get him out? really? really? not fair at all. Good reason to hire umpires. safe. I say. good call, good call. Please Lord, I umpire enough, not on a field again!

No comments: