Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Brave H and L

H and L both had their tonsils out last week. on the same morning. one after the other. There were really amazing and I am so glad it is done. 3 kids, no tonsils. They were a bit scared when we first got there and during pr-eop until they had their "juice," but after that the rest of the day really went amazingly well. They neither remember the tragic waking up from anesthesia but both remember waking up peacefully in our 5th floor room. L was asleep on my chest, woke up and said:
L: where is that man?
me: oh, he is working. (no idea)
L: gasp, where is H??.
me: right there, pointing.
L: oh, why is the door so big?
me: so they can get beds in and out.
L: oh, what is that? (pointing to IV pole)
me: oh that is what give you something to drink while you asleep.
content with my answers, she laid back down on my chest and went back to sleep.

H woke up and called John over, "hey daddy, come here, I have a surprise."
J went over and got close and H pulled him in and gave him a big hug and a kiss.
what is not to love about that.

We spent the afternoon cuddling, reading and watching cartoons. oh and eating multiple ice creams, manilla, orange sherbet, Popsicles and powerade. We got dismissed about 5 and went home and tried to fill their empty tummies. They have done great and we can't wait to get back full steam to summer. Actually it is kinda nice to not be full steam. more on that later...

No comments: