Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Back to the ball field!!!

We were so excited tonight to start back to t-ball and softball.
Both kids are Florida Marlins, although on different teams. It took me a while to get all of Ek's bows tied, there are 4, and gather H's pants, belt and the cleats. J is coaching Ek's team so I watched all of H's game and then we went to Ek's game but only got to see about 1 inning. The tball coaches were very zealous and the softball called it early. My report of H's game was that he was so excited, he stayed alert and didn't really let any balls go by, he stopped the ball well and listened well to where it needed to go (please note the ball in his glove here..., he hit the ball strong and, of course, loved running the bases, he had a great time with his friends too. I loved watching him, he did occasionally look over to me and I would give him a big smile and thumbs up. L was a great fan, she had several friends to play with, and eat snacks with, and was very pleasant and sweet. Ek seemed to have a great time as well. She was very alert but I didn't get to see any balls come to her. She did hit the ball well, they did have a former professional ball player pitching it to them, that helped I'm sure. CG told her mom she had fun too in her debut game, she said the action from catching to throwing was 'just like a kick-ball-change in tap.' One thing makes us stronger for the next! 9 more games, can't wait!!

No comments: