Thursday, August 23, 2012

back? i hope

So we are all in school again. or really for the first time. from 8-3. after 9 years. i have from 8-3 everyday. today (day 11 of school) may have been the first day I haven't felt sick to my stomach leaving them. maybe its because i'm getting them at 10:20 for dentist appointments. i was just writing an email to a friend and i remembered how much i like writing. i am currently the secretary of 3 clubs in town. really, k, 3? shaking my head. i'd like to be secretary of my home too. i'd like to remember the days again.

one morning this week, God let me go from his word with only 3 words. love is patient. its the first in the list. why haven't i noticed that before. start there. patient. patient as they get their shoes on. patients as i wait for him to get ready, or home, or done, or awake. patient as they grow. patient as they grow in their understanding of walking with the Lord. patient with God as his plans for them unfold. no one in my family should need to have it all together for me to love them well. trust and wait that as God has them, he can have me too, as i wait. patient. love is patient. that is enough for me to think on for today. asking for his power to wait.

one thing i love about activities is getting to be with one as others are where they are. love getting l while h plays football and ek dances. miss them. but love to be with her. she is so funny and so big. we stopped by the mall for make up and lip gloss the other day, she paused at the door and said, 'do you have your wallet... (looking atme to see if i do, sees it) good, cause we're gonna need it' as she takes off into the shoes. what can i say? she chose her gloss that now resides in my cup holder.

No comments: